Experienced Full-stack Developer
If you’re ready to start the next chapter in your career journey, you’ve come to the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values. Read more about the role and apply.
We thought there is no better way to tell about a job than hear it from a potential future colleague
So we asked a couple of our senior full-stack developers their views on their job. Let’s hear what Oskar Ehnström and Carita Niskanen have to say:
"For us, the daily work as full-stack developers is mostly about solving problems. Some days that means figuring out the most efficient algorithm for a particularly tricky piece of code or reviewing PRs. Often it means asking a lot of questions to figure out what the important problem to solve is and how to solve it in the best possible way for the client. Meetings with the team are often part of the day, and keeping them productive and engaging is everyone's responsibility. Finally, discussing with the client and explaining what we’re doing and making sure our work fits with the rest of the organisation.
In addition to client work we can also participate in developing the company by participating in some internal projects and different workforces. All the internal work is based on a person's own wishes and the ability to develop their own skills. At Futurice people are encouraged to actively take ownership of the company and that way you can really get to feel like you are a part of a tight group.”
Here are some practical things that would definitely help succeeding in this job
We welcome people with a strong programming background, and a strong drive to learn more. You don’t have to be a guru yet, just aiming to grow into one.
- You have a solid understanding of modern software development. Understanding and knowing how to build software in a cloud environment from the actual coding all the way to setting up deployment pipelines, is definitely something that a programmer should know. You don’t have to be a top expert on the subject, but you should know enough to understand the principles well.
- You know at least a few programming languages well. You can create something useful with the languages from scratch. You understand the basic paradigms of the languages and know how to connect your code to databases and other external systems. You know their strengths and the weaknesses, and you know where a certain language is used in the real world.
- You are excited about programming. Motivation is the key! We want people to enjoy their daily work. That's why you should find the practical work exciting. When you have an internal motivation to learn new things, facing even the more difficult situations is not a problem. And most of all, you are a team player.
- You put people who use the services first. This is something particularly important to us. We work with digital services, meaning that we build software for people to use in their everyday lives. It is about understanding who is going to use the software and why.
- You bring something extra to our culture. Our culture defines us. It stands on our shared values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. It is the glue that keeps us together, and makes us stronger by each talent we discover. You should not just fit in, but embrace and enrich our culture.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients. See our promise to you here.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and are ready to take the next step, please submit your application. We begin processing applications in the order they are received.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets. All you need to do is enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’d love to see a CV, and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice. If you need some inspiration, read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants. You can also submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
After we receive your application, we will reach out to you. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion that will help us get to know you better, and you to get more info about life at Futurice. This is followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills. Finally, there’s a general chat to discuss things like your potential future projects.
If any questions, contact email@example.com.
How we work
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here to learn more, check our Culture handbook 2.0 and get to know some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here.
We are Futurice
We are Futurice, an outcome-focused digital transformation company.We help our clients solve their biggest challenges and empower them to make a positive impact on the world.
Founded in 2000, our team comprises over 800 diverse experts who represent more than 60 different nationalities. We have Nordic roots and a global mindset and operate across Europe.
- Minna Ruohonenrecruitment@futurice.com