Senior Data Scientist
If you’re ready to start the next chapter in your career journey, you’ve come to the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values. Read more about the role and apply.
We are seeking a talented and accomplished Senior Data Scientist to join our innovative and inclusive team. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an exceptional data scientist who is passionate about making a difference and shaping the future of our industry.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify and understand client requirements, objectives, and deliverables for complex data science projects.
- Utilize advanced statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, and data mining techniques to extract insights from large datasets, while considering the diverse factors that may impact the outcomes.
- Develop and implement innovative and scalable data science solutions to address client challenges, with a focus on enhancing efficiency, performance, and decision-making.
- Design and build predictive models and algorithms that drive actionable recommendations and assist clients in achieving their strategic goals.
- Communicate complex findings and technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and engaging manner, fostering understanding and collaboration.
- Lead and mentor junior team members, creating an inclusive environment that encourages growth, learning, and collaboration.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in data science, contributing to the continuous improvement and advancement of our team and services.
- Proactively identify opportunities to apply data-driven insights to improve processes, enhance customer experiences, and drive business outcomes for clients.
- Proven track record of success as a Data Scientist or in a similar role, with substantial experience in developing and deploying data-driven solutions.
- Expertise in statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling, with proficiency in tools such as Python or Spark.
- Experience on data stack on AWS (e.g. RedShift, Glue, Athena) or on Azure (e.g. Data Factory, Synapse, Databricks).
- Solid understanding of data engineering and database concepts, with the ability to manipulate and transform complex data structures.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a strategic mindset, with the ability to approach challenges from multiple angles and provide innovative solutions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively convey complex concepts to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Passion for mentoring and developing talent, fostering an environment of collaboration and growth.
- Working proficiency in English and Finnish.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and are ready to take the next step, please submit your application.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets, just enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’re hoping to see at least your CV and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice (for inspiration, take a look here to read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants). You’ll also have the option to submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
We will process the applications in the order of their arrival. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion, both in order for us to get to know you better, and for you to get more familiar with life at Futurice. That will be followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills, and finally, one more general chat where you’ll discuss things like your potential future projects.
How we work
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here to learn more, check our Culture handbook 2.0 and get to know some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here.
We are Futurice, an outcome-focused digital transformation company.We help our clients solve their biggest challenges and empower them to make a positive impact on the world.
Founded in 2000, our team comprises over 800 diverse experts who represent more than 60 different nationalities. We have Nordic roots and a global mindset and operate across Europe.
- Anu Ansolahtirecruitment@futurice.com